McGill's Faculty Club, established in 1923 with the assistance of the Board of Governors, serves as the social center for McGill's faculty and staff. It hosts a great number of events every year, from trivia quizzes and conferences to banquets and weddings. The Faculty Club is famous for its beautiful architecture featuring richly stained woodwork and decorative ceilings which are typical for the majestic buildings of the Victorian period. One of the secret treasures of the Faculty Club is its billiard room on the top floor, with its classic antique tables under an original stained-glass dome. If you can spare the time during the conference, use this extraordinary location to have a drink and play a round!
3450 McTavish Street
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0E5
Thomson House is an elegant limestone mansion, located in the center of the McGill campus. It is the home of the Post-Graduate Studentsí Society of McGill University. Distinguished by its inviting rooms which feature carved wooden details, moulded plaster ceilings, and ornate fireplaces, Thomson House is an ideal location for any occasion. The House lobby opens up into four stylish lounges served by a distinctive wood paneled bar. The decor and architectural detail create a cozy and welcoming environment.
3650 McTavish Street
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1Y2
In 1971, Samuel Bronfman donated this building to McGill to house the newly opened Desautels Faculty of Management, located on the corner of Sherbrooke Street and pedestrian-friendly McTavish Street. In 2004, renovations to the main floor were completed, including the addition of a steel and granite canopy over the outside entrance.
1001 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1G5